This article contains affiliate links, we may receive a commission on any sales we generate from it.
Although it is still hitting freezing outside, spring is very much around the corner and this change in seasons and the fact that we’re about to bounce into February means we’re in the mood for something new.
Over the years plus size shopping has got better and better and we now have way more options than ever before, which means that shopping just got harder!
For many of us socialising is still off the menu, but it’s good to get dressed up, even if comfort is still at the centre of our wardrobe choices.
We’ve searched through some of our favourite websites and rounded up our top pick for new in that we’re adding to our wishlist stat. From cosy plus size jumpers and hoodies, to work-from-home perfect dresses and socially distanced winter walk ready coats, you’re bound to find something on this week’s top ten shopping list.
- The cable knit hoodie: Cable knits never go out of fashion and this oatmeal hue is beautifully classic. Pair with similar neutral tones, navy or black for a very chic but lockdown ready look. Cable knit hoodie, £34, Simply Be
2. The Puffer Coat: Walking is now both our new cardio and our new way of socialising so warm coat is a must. The puffer has really come back into fashion and it’s perfect for the chilly weather right now. So come out, it’s time for some fresh air. Puffer coat, £62, New Look Curve
3. The work-from-home dress: Smock dresses are brilliant for home working. Stylish, smart and comfortable, you can feel dressed for the day without feeling uncomfortable. We love this piece because, a. leopard print and b. great colour to add a bit of a spring feeling to your wardrobe. It’s a must from us. Smock dress, £30, ASOS Curve.
- 8 gorgeous beige coloured bags from tote to micro to shop now
- Plus size shopping list. The ten new in pieces we’re lusting after this week
- 6 beautiful plus size lingerie sets to lust after this season and update your wardrobe
- 5 cosy plus size hoodie dresses great for WFH style and relaxed nights in
- Brand spotlight: This awesome indie label has extended sizes…
4. The everyday knit: Pastel hues are set to be big news again this spring so start stocking up on those lush lavenders to carry you through the next couple of months. Our knitwear drawers have filled up over the past few months and this easy to wear jumper with cute tassel detailing is a great versatile wardrobe update. Jumper, £26.99, Yours Clothing
5. The updated knitted dress: This grey swing dress is another great work-from-home option. We love the combo vibe of loungewear meets dress, so if you’re looking for something comfortable but stylish, this grey swing dress should be on your list. Grey swing dress, was £35 now £28, Evans Boutique
6. The hoodie dress: Sticking with the loungewear theme, hoodie dresses have made a major comeback and we are not mad about it. This cute, preppy style hooded dress is a great everyday piece. Sweatshirt dress, £74, Annalisa at navabi
7. Go for dogtooth: Want to embrace that 50’s feel with a modern twist? We’ve seen quite a few dogtooth styles make their way back onto the high street and the pastel executions give these looks a bit of a Stepford wife vibe that’s super fun. Again, opting for a sweater vest, this is great for right now as it will work as a Zoom call look but still be really cosy and comfortable. Perfect for layering. Sweater vest, £25, I Saw It First Plus
8. The nautical one: This awesome navy and white cardigan has a real vintage feel and the River Island RR gives off designer logo vibes without the price tag. Pair this over a white tee and dark blue leggings or jeans for a great everyday look. Cardigan, £45, River Island Plus
9. Look for the rainbow: Rainbows have been a hugely symbolic during the pandemic and we’re still loving the print for knitwear. This grey sweatshirt with rainbow inspired stripe will never date. Rainbow jumper, was $55.50 now $36.07. Torrid
10. The leopard trench coat: Surely this coat needs no explanation. With a bit of a seventies feel, this stylish leopard coat with waist cinching belt will never go out of style. Leopard trench coat, was £329 now £249, Anna Scholz
Images: Courtesy of brands
Featured image: Anna Scholz / River Island