Yup, that is right, the creepy clown craze sweeping the UK is very much a scary precursor to the main October event, Halloween. Now in the past it has been tricky finding cute, on trend, plus size halloween costumes but with retailers like ASOS on the scene, this is now a thing of the past! We round up our fav plus size halloween costumes for you to get your fangs into this season!
- ASOS, Bodycon, Skeleton Dress – It’s a total classic. ASOS Curve has quite a few great options for Halloween this year. Weather you want to go for a full costume like this skeleton outfit, or just give a nod to the season in bat printed tights, ASOS Curve will definitely have something for you. Also check out their accessories department for headbands etc to finish off a look. And at £25, this piece is also really reasonable for a bit of fun!
2. Body Con Dress – Pumpkin Print – Boohoo – Pumpkin perfection, this body con dress is so cute. In fact Boohoo are absolutely slaying it in terms of plus size options for Halloween this season. From easy to wear t-shirt dresses and sassy body suits, they are definitely worth checking out before you decide on a final spooky look this season. As there are quite a few pieces that could easily be worked into a casual, sports luxe wardrobe.
Get your pumpkin dress here: Boohoo Plus
3. Simply Be – Lace Maxi. While Simply Be aren’t going in for ‘costumes’ this season, why not spend your hard earned cash getting something that you can wear after. Halloween is a perfect time to embrace this season’s stunning gothic trend. All the black lace, sheer overlays and velvet fabrics that are about at the moment are a great way to give a nod to the festive atmosphere but still getting a great piece you can wear after. This gorgeous lace maxi is perfect for Halloween, just team with some great gothic accessories and create an ‘Adams Family’ vibe, or go the whole way and add a witches hat!
4. Ann Summers Wet Look Dominatrix Jumpsuit. Let’s be honest over the years, Halloween has become a lot less costume and a lot more ‘dressing up’ in a sexy concoction. So we turned to Ann Summers, who recently started to extend their sizing into a number of different product categories. This jumpsuit is available up to a size 22 and fulfils the brief for something cheeky but spooky.
5. Bat Costume – Yandy, Plus Size. If you haven’t discovered Yandy.com – then welcome to a world of lingerie, costumes and sexy accessories. The Yandy website, which has a dedicated plus size section has a really extensive choice in all categories so it doesn’t feel like the sad plus size sister. It has great sassy accessories too so it is perfect for dressing up all year round! But we have opted for this cute and fun Bat costume. While there are plenty of sexy plus size options we want to throw something that is just super sweet in there too. Perfect for teaming with leggings and boots if you just don’t want a whole lot of fuss!
6. Lane Bryant – Sexy Bunny Set – Now this is really just the accessories – as it is just the tail and the ears but add one of this seasons great body suites to it and ta-da – great Halloween bunny costume. Super cute and super sexy.
Go for a full body/jumpsuit style. Or you could wear a regular black body with tights. I mean you could wear it as it is in the picture, but that would be a little chilly. Throw on a big faux fur jacket for a luxe look.
7. Hips & Curves, Hooped Skirt – Want to really stand out?
Then you need to get to know Hips and Curves. They have a constant supply of great lingerie and sexy costumes and steampunk style clothing.
From corsets to petticoats and everything in between, this is a great site to bookmark for when you want something with good quality and a little bit more exciting.
8. Sheer Skeleton Dress – Missguided Plus I know I know it is another skeleton dress but it’s Halloween so what do you expect.
We like this rock chick vibe that is emphasised through the sheer fabric. It is cute and sassy – wear with a black body con dress or just a body underneath.
And if you want to keep that rebel tone then why not through on some thigh highs too. Ooooh!
9. Sequin Skirt, River Island – Ok so it isn’t a ‘costume’ but we feel this is a great Xmas season party buy and can be dressed up into a sort of spooky halloween look.
We are just trying to help you maximise those purchases. Team with something, lacey, racy and sheer and some fab make up for an altogether vampy and sassy Halloween look.
There is always someone in your squad who disagrees with fancy dress and so Halloween is not gonna be the one for them – so the best thing to do is let it be and allow them to give a nod to the holiday in their own special way.
Better yet, gift them gift of spookiness with this super cute earrings! Perfect for bringing a bit of Halloween to the office if you can get away with it!