It might be pouring outside (seriously summer time sort this rain out) but from May through August is definitely wedding season. While the bride has had months to prepare her dress, book in for hair and make up, a wedding invite dropping through your letter box can induce panic for a multitude of guests. So here we pick our favourite plus-size dresses in one of the season’s hottest trends – floral print.
Over the years plus size dresses have become the go to choice for a put together look and we are a huge fan of the more fashion forward silhouettes that continue to fill some of our favourite plus size stores. While we will follow this post later in the week with some perfect wedding guest options – that are not dresses – after all there a lots of great separates options this season too. We thought we would kick off Tuesday with this almost Ascot style post.
So here are our top five floral fantastic frocks.
1. ASOS Curve We love this gorgeous, new in, ASOS Curve shift dress. Super easy silhouette, the shift dress is great for a streamlined look and is one we always feel needs minimalistic styling. Pop on a pair of heels – either go for the base colour of the dress or opt for the same shade as the print to ensure you have a cohesive look. Grab your neutral tone clutch and you are guest ready.
2. Navabi This Navabi beauty will ensure that you are rocking some serious style at any wedding this summer. The embellishment detail is stunning and takes this from day ceremony to evening dancing with ease. We love the loose silhouette – which also makes it really comfortable for the high summer months.
3. Simply Be While most have trained their brain to only wear their maxi dresses on sandy summer holidays, we think that a maxi is perfect for a chic wedding look. Team with a a pair of wedges to ensure you aren’t sweeping the ceremony floor, just sweeping people off their feet with this gorgeous summery look.
4. Hey Gorgeous One of our favourite online plus size shopping sites for a great mix of indie plus size brands. There is always something new and exciting on Hey Gorgeous (they have just started stocking the Beth Ditto collection) and HG is fast becoming the go to destination for US plus size consumers who want something just that bit cooler. We love this cute Modamix dress with this stunning tropical print. It feels like the sort of dress we can wear to a wedding with heels but then integrate into our wardrobe for evening summer cocktails (roof terrace bar optional) after – making it worth it and splashing the cash a little easier.
5. RI Plus This is team SLiNK’s FAVOURITE RI Plus dress. We first spotted this when we saw the sneak preview of the River Island plus size collection several months back and have been waiting for it to drop ever since. We love the print, the sexy off the shoulder silhouette and the bold colours. Basically it’s perfect so we shall be getting ours in order to upstage all the brides this summer.